Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Graphic Novels

Persepolis was my first graphic novel that I have read but I liked the structure of it. I thought it was good at bringing up an important issue but also had some comical parts as well. It was also easy to read and didn't take very long to do so. As I first began reading it, I didn't realize that it was a memoir but looking back afterwards it clearly was. It was a unique way of portraying one's life and giving a cartoon like feel to it. I also really enjoyed the other graphic article because it was really interesting to think about how our mind works when it sees pictures. Our mind can take any object and someone make it into a face. Does this really make us such self centered beings?? I had never really thought of that before.

1 comment:

  1. It is an interesting point that point out it is a form of a memoir. I would have probably never realized that!

    ReplyDelete