Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflection to Blogging

When we were first given the assignment of a blog, I was a little skeptical and unsure of what exactly it would entail. So, the first thing I did was go and look at some blogs just to see what they were all about, I concluded that all blogs are different and can serve pretty much any purpose you want. Therefore I decided that I would make this blog something that expressed me both in the title and the layout. I chose to title "Never though I'd have a Blog" because, well I never thought of myself as someone who would blog. I knew people in high school who had blogs and had read some before but never was interested in having my own. Regardless, I had to make this blog so I figured I'd play around with it. From the beginning I decided I would just write what I was thinking, without really thinking about it too much. In my first blog post, http://bridgetlyonsliveandtimes.blogspot.com/2011/08/sidewalks.html, I wrote of my childhood memories and what I hold dear to my heart. I consider my titles of the blogs were helpful to me to focus my writing and also help readers know what the blog is about. I learned that when using pictures like in this blog post, http://bridgetlyonsliveandtimes.blogspot.com/2011/09/close-reading-of-young-mother-sewing.html, it gives the reader the visual of what is being talked about. When I first started writing it I didn't really think about the reader but more of the blog as something personal and for class purposes. Then when I commented on other blogs and saw the interaction they had with the reader, I tried to incorporate that into my blogs. For me the blog was connected to the writing process because like the second post, http://bridgetlyonsliveandtimes.blogspot.com/2011/08/dreaming-big.html, we were prompted to be creative and write about what we would see our future as. I used these blogs to work on my writing and be creative in the writing process. The most difficult thing about making my blog was being creative with the site itself, not just the writing. I think I did this by including images and referring to film clips like I did in the Play or Film blog, http://bridgetlyonsliveandtimes.blogspot.com/2011/11/play-or-film.html. I think there were things I could have improved on and would have done if I was a little more into blogging such as adding hyperlinks like in this blog post or adding video clips and other interesting outside works that would add to what I was blogging about. I think in the future I would open to adding to posts to enhance what I was saying rather than just writing down thoughts. For example, http://bridgetlyonsliveandtimes.blogspot.com/2011/10/graphic-novels.html, I could have given examples of other graphic novels or even shown some about Persepolis, which it was about. Overall I think this blogging assignment was a learning experience and gave me insight into what you can achieve with blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment